Keeping leather furniture clean is a challenge much more to keep it looking new. Our living room sofa at home is made of leather and in as much as I hate cleaning it after the kids went through it like a hurricane, I have to….because it’s much more expensive to replace it..LOL!
Here are a few simple steps in cleaning out your leather furniture.
- Vacuum your leather furniture thoroughly. make sure you run the vacuum in the edges and creeks because that’s where the kids usually put the “garbage”. I find pieces of candy and candy wrappers on the edge of the sofa at home.
- On a small pail, mix a few drops of liquid soap with warm water and mix well until suds form.
- Using a sponge dipped in the soapy water, wipe the surface of the leather furniture.
- Wipe with another sponge or a dry rag to dry.
- Repeat these two steps until the whole furniture is clean.
- Buff the surface with another dry rag to keep it shiny.
- Treat with a leather protector or conditioner.
- If it doesn’t go back to it’s old color, treat with leather furniture dye or have a professional do it for you.
Sis and I took our sofa to be re-upholstered because it was ripped to shreds at one time….