It’s June and it’s back to school now for Ykaie. She’s left her pre-school and is now going to the big school as a Grade 1 student. Here are a list of advice I give her to ease her into going back to school.
1. Get Enough Sleep – Two weeks before school starts, I prepped Ykaie by getting her in bed at around 8:00pm. Her school starts at 7:00am, which means we have to wake up at around 5:30am every morning so she can make it to class on time.
2. Eat a Healthy Breakfast – eating nutritious breakfast everyday will help Ykaie be more alert in school.
3. Brush Your Teeth Well – Make sure you brush your teeth after waking up and after breakfast (just before going to school) to take care of your teeth and have fresh breath. Use Swish Mouthwash for long lasting fresh breath. Swish mouthwash is a quality product of Unilab and one that is alcohol-free so it doesn’t sting in the mouth.
4. Be courteous and listen to your teachers – Always be courteous to your teacher and greet them with a smile on your face. Listen to them while they are discussing you lessons for the day.
5. Be Friendly to Your classmates – Your classmates become your closest friends. Be friendly to them.
6. Use your Grooming Kit – I always make sure you have wet wipes, alcohol, and baby powder in your bag. Make sure you use it when needed. Since I know that you can’t brush your teeth after lunch at school, then you can just use this Swish Breath Spray.
7. Eat Your lunch and Snacks – It’s not a smart thing to skip meals or eat junk food for snacks. I make sure Ykaie brings nutritious homemade baon which she eats during recess and lunch break at school.
8. There’s time for play and time to study – After school, I make sure I gave Ykaie enough time to rest and play. We also established a regular time to study and do her homework.
9. Get the things you need ready for tomorrow – I always tell her to make sure to put everything she needs in her bag for school the next day. This way, she develops a habit of getting ready and not cramming the next day.
10. Enjoy each and everyday at school – It will be stressful and boring if she doesn’t have fun while learning. So as much as possible I try and help her make the best out of every school day.