It’s my first time to fly and travel a lot with ykaie.
I know I’ll do a lot more traveling with kids in the years to come so it’s about time I take a few notes to remember.
- Bring snacks like cookies and biscuits. Kids needs snacks and water more often than adults. They will cry and have tantrums when they’re hungry and thirsty.
- Like all kids, ykaie likes to bring her own “bag” so I let her bring a small bag. It contains a little toy, her hanky and her hand sanitizer and her cologne. I guess it gives her a feeling of independence and it makes her feel like a “big girl”. She even lets the security guard check it when they check bags at the entrance.
- A small toy keeps her busy during waiting time at the airport or bus or any terminal.
- Always bring a barf bag. You just never know when she would get sick. When we landed in HK airport, ykaie vomited at the airport and I wasn’t prepared. Good thing it wasn’t a lot and she vomited on the carpet, it wasn’t noticeable..ssshhhhh. She felt better afterwards…
- When we travel out of town, this mommy suddenly turns into a walking medicine cabinet: I have a thermometer, paracetamol in tablet and syrup form, anti-diarrhea, cough syrup, and vicks vaporub.
- Of course, bring extra moolah. You’ll be needing a lot when traveling with kids.