Just like Sweet-Style Spaghetti, Pork Menudo is a dish that’s not to be missed at parties. It looks very festive and it’s one of those much-awaited dishes that everybody loves.
My nanay, when she was still younger and remember things, makes the best-est, meanest, most delicious, Pork Menudo. She even receives orders of it from friends and suki from the market. It’s also one of the dishes that she gifts relatives. That’s how delicious her Pork Menudo is.
I’ve tried to mimic it a few times but I can’t seem to get it. It’s okay though because it paved the way for my own version of this dish which peanutbutter♥ and Ykaie seemed to love.
These days, I’m still on the look out for different versions of this dish and I’m trying out a Knorr Lutong Nanay Pork Menudo Recipe this time. The recipe includes all Pork Menudo staples like pork, liver, hotdog, tomato sauce, potatoes, and raisins. I don’t put bell pepper and carrots on my menudo so this is new to me. It also has something that makes this dish one of the tastiest — Knorr Pork Cubes.
Here’s the recipe I followed..
Preparation time: 30 mins. | Cooking time: 30 mins. | No. of servings: 5-6
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 pcs potatoes, medium sized, cut in cubes
- 1 pc carrot, medium sized, cut in cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, minced
- 250 grams pork kasim, cut in small cubes
- 250 grams pork liempo, cut in small cubes
- 250 grams pork liver, cut in small cubes
- 1 (250g) pack tomato sauce
- 2 pcs KNORR PORK BROTH CUBE
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp sugar
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 1 cup cubed red and green bell pepper
- Fry potato and carrots in hot oil. Remove from oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onions. Add pork kasim and liempo and fry until slightly brown in color then add liver. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Knorr Pork Broth Cubes. Stir to dissolve and add tomato sauce, water, sugar and black pepper. Mix well.
- Add fried potatoes and carrots. Continue to cook over medium heat until meat and potatoes are cooked and sauce has thicken.
- Add raisins and bell peppers. Cook for 2 minutes then serve.
The result is a hearty, festive looking Pork Menudo that could be the life of any party or celebration. Knorr Pork Cubes definitely made it meatier and tastier!
This would be great for this Sunday lunch or Sunday dinner when everyone is at home and gathered around the table.