My one word for the year is BALANCE.
It was just a normal day and we were in the car going home from somewhere when it hit me. MY ONE WORD FOR THE YEAR WOULD BE BALANCE. Since I wasn’t in the mood since Christmas, I didn’t really think about having new year resolutions, #lifegoals, nor my one word. But that day, I had a sudden change of perspective.
So I decided I’d ring in the New Year a little late. Today, I decided to sit down with a cup of coffee and reflect on this past year. I came up with a list of goals and lifestyle changes I’d like to work on in 2019 with the word BALANCE to guide me all throughout.
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines Balance as..
- mental and emotional steadiness
- a means of judging or deciding
- stability produced by even distribution of weight on each side of the vertical axis
Balance is something I’m having a hard time achieving — throw in the natural demands of life — and I often find myself in either of the opposite side of the scale but never in the middle.
Along with my One Word to guide me, I’m throwing in #TheBetterMeProject which is a 365 day project dedicated to taking care of myself and being mindful so I could become the better version of myself at the end of 2019.
- So first thing’s first. First in my list is of all the things I want to have balance is my health. I’m actually pretty happy with it because I was advised not to take one of my maintenance meds anymore.. so Yaaay! What I’m not happy about is the 25lbs I gained towards the end of the year because of nightly food trips with the fam. So I am back to working out and healthy eating until I lose all the weight I gained. Then I’m hoping I could all balance it out.
- I want to be able to balance work and family. I know, I know … this is one of the hardest thing because I work at home and all the members of my family’s at home too!
- Get hours of sleep. I only get 5-6 hours of sleep daily because I’m having a hard time sleeping. I hope I can squeeze in 8 hours of sleep from time to time.
- I’ll try out the popular LCIF. Low carb but not high fat ha… It’ll be the death of me if I eat a high fat diet.
- Achievement unlocked last December is that I finally edited my own video. It was liberating. And because of that I also want to do a lot of VLOGGING this year, aside from BLOGGING.
- Cook healthier meals and Bake more…
- Get Twinkle to eat more variety of food and Ykaie to not eat too much sweets.
- I’d like to be able to give back more this year.. because of all the blessings I received the past years.
In 2019, I’d like to commit to living a more sustainable lifestyle. I’d also like to be more present. I hope joy, love, positivity, and creativity flow to me with ease in this upcoming year.
I know there are more of these where they came from, I just can’t bring them all upfront at the moment.
Now I wanna hear yours. What are your new year’s resolution? life goals? Are you gearing more on health, family, career? C’mon, we’re in this thing together.
Cheers on a year that’s full of love, adventure, and challenges. Bring it on 2019!
Paulenne Barnachea says
I guess it’s really a great thing if we put balance on everything we do, I mean as a mom for me I really have a lot of shortcomings, sometimes insecurities in my motherhood journey, but at the end I know to myself that it’s me who will be choosing what’s the best for my children and I can’t wait to put balance on everything I will do, in God’s guidance. 🙂 Thank you for sharing this really worth to read Mommy Peachy.
Cris Vergara says
Ako naman po my word of the year is Healing minsan kasi kahit nakapagpatawad na tayo ng tao nandoon parin yung pain lalo na kapag naalala ko ang past.
My new years resolution naman po is
I will be more patient in dealing with situations and problems.
And lastly, I will start saving money for our family’s future endeavor.
Basta mommy Peach lagi lang tayong mag dasal isurrender lang natin kay Lord lahat ng mga nararamdaman natin. 😊 Belated Happy New Year. Smile
Balance I don’t think is ever really achieved in life. Some days weeks are better than others. Everyone is different in what balance means to them
Lori Bosworth says
My New Year’s resolution for January was to declutter and I’m happy to say that I have done this. For the rest of year, I would like to get into better shape.
Balance is a great word! It’s definitely something I am trying to achieve. While I always want to do bigger and better, it is important to remember things like self care and everything else. I am going through some burnout and need to reevaluate things.
Tim B says
I don’t get as much sleep as I should either. Probably contributes to why I’m not a morning person. 8 hours is a goal for me in 2019 too!
just a few days with this year and i can say that this year would gonna be tough. and every end of the day i know its all worth it. And yes, balance is the key.