My one word for the year is BALANCE.
It was just a normal day and we were in the car going home from somewhere when it hit me. MY ONE WORD FOR THE YEAR WOULD BE BALANCE. Since I wasn’t in the mood since Christmas, I didn’t really think about having new year resolutions, #lifegoals, nor my one word. But that day, I had a sudden change of perspective.
So I decided I’d ring in the New Year a little late. Today, I decided to sit down with a cup of coffee and reflect on this past year. I came up with a list of goals and lifestyle changes I’d like to work on in 2019 with the word BALANCE to guide me all throughout.
The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines Balance as..
- mental and emotional steadiness
- a means of judging or deciding
- stability produced by even distribution of weight on each side of the vertical axis
Balance is something I’m having a hard time achieving — throw in the natural demands of life — and I often find myself in either of the opposite side of the scale but never in the middle.
Along with my One Word to guide me, I’m throwing in #TheBetterMeProject which is a 365 day project dedicated to taking care of myself and being mindful so I could become the better version of myself at the end of 2019.
- So first thing’s first. First in my list is of all the things I want to have balance is my health. I’m actually pretty happy with it because I was advised not to take one of my maintenance meds anymore.. so Yaaay! What I’m not happy about is the 25lbs I gained towards the end of the year because of nightly food trips with the fam. So I am back to working out and healthy eating until I lose all the weight I gained. Then I’m hoping I could all balance it out.
- I want to be able to balance work and family. I know, I know … this is one of the hardest thing because I work at home and all the members of my family’s at home too!
- Get hours of sleep. I only get 5-6 hours of sleep daily because I’m having a hard time sleeping. I hope I can squeeze in 8 hours of sleep from time to time.
- I’ll try out the popular LCIF. Low carb but not high fat ha… It’ll be the death of me if I eat a high fat diet.
- Achievement unlocked last December is that I finally edited my own video. It was liberating. And because of that I also want to do a lot of VLOGGING this year, aside from BLOGGING.
- Cook healthier meals and Bake more…
- Get Twinkle to eat more variety of food and Ykaie to not eat too much sweets.
- I’d like to be able to give back more this year.. because of all the blessings I received the past years.
In 2019, I’d like to commit to living a more sustainable lifestyle. I’d also like to be more present. I hope joy, love, positivity, and creativity flow to me with ease in this upcoming year.
I know there are more of these where they came from, I just can’t bring them all upfront at the moment.
Now I wanna hear yours. What are your new year’s resolution? life goals? Are you gearing more on health, family, career? C’mon, we’re in this thing together.
Cheers on a year that’s full of love, adventure, and challenges. Bring it on 2019!