Remember BALANCE? That’s my one word for the year which I set to guide me all throughout the 365 days and #THEBETTERMEPROJECT which I also told myself I’m gonna do so I could become the better version of myself at the end of 2019?
Well, it’s April 1st and the first quarter of the year has ended. It’s time to check if I was able to tick off something on the list of my goals or if I was able to start any of it.
- Balancing work with family. I think I was able to make some improvements on this aspect of my life. I was able to set aside time for work and time for family and I was able to follow through with those time I set — well, most of the time. I’ll just continue to keep working on it to keep my balance.
- Getting more sleep. This needs more improvement!
- BLOGGING and VLOGGING. This one I was able to follow through and paid more attention to my blogs and vlogs.. also I was able to finally set up Ykaie’s Blog : https://purpleskyeadarne.com and YouTube: The Purple Universe (pa-follow na rin mga mamsh, please)
- I think I was able to cook healthier meals for the family but with regards on getting Ykaie to eat less sweets, well, I’m still working on that.
- Twinkle is eating more fruits .. and I got her to eat Sinigang na.. so Yaaaay!!!
- With regards to giving back, I started doing many giveaways to my readers and hoping I could continue doing so..
GOING ON LCIF DIET
If you can remember, HEALTH was the first thing on the list of my goals. I gained 25lbs last January because I’ve been eating everything in my weight the last quarter of 2018. Then we went on a food trip to Taiwan last February… so instead of being able to work on losing it — I gained another 5 lbs. Making my weight a whopping 180lbs!! WHAAATT??! Yep. I weighed myself a day after arriving. I didn’t eat a lot of red meat and a lot of fat but I did eat a lot of carbs. I went back on eating rice and because I have a sweet tooth, I kept on eating cakes, ice creams, and all the sweets I can get my hands on. That’s what made me gain back all the weight and I feel heavy and sluggish.
So I decided to finally try the now popular LCIF Diet. Yep, I am “kinda” embracing a little of the meat now and totally letting go of sugar and carbs.
Yeah, I finally followed through with my goal of trying out this diet to see if it’s sustainable and I’d feel so much better. I just started last March 27 and let’s see what happens after a month. I’ll post food and recipes at www.thepeachkitchen.com and will keep you updated there..