We love eating out and when we eat out it’s usually always in a pack of five people- that’s me, sis, my daughter Ykaie, Cyra, and Cyvrine. These kids love running around and being nosey, just like all kids.Sometimes choosing a place to eat can be tricky because not all restaurants are child-friendly.
Kids are kids and there’s nothing we can do to change that but there are some things you can do to make sure they behave well.
- Before going to a restaurant, make sure there is something on the menu that they will like. That’s fried chicken, pizza, or fried pork chops in our case, if we go to a restaurant that doesn’t have the food they want, they would refuse to eat and get bored while waiting for us to finish our meal. The tendency is for them to play around.
- Opt to be seated in a booth whenever possible. Yes, this is to keep your child contained and keep them from running around.
- Bring “restaurant-only-toys”. Most of the time, kids finish their meals first. Keep them busy by bringing coloring books, small toys, or tablets (which is common nowadays) which they can play either while waiting for food to be served or after meals. This is to keep them from running around and disrupting other diners.
- Visit the restaurant during off-peak times.
- Make sure you catch your kids behaving well. Point out how great they’re doing staying seated, being polite to the waiter, and trying new foods. This will encourage them to be on their best behavior.
Those are just some of the things I learned over the years and time and time again eating out with these three girls. Cyvrine is the hardest to contain but she’s getting there. These photos are take one time I was craving for Kare-Kare and we passed by Cabalen. I saw a photo of Kare-kare and we just had to stop and eat there.
The waitress was kind enough to charge us for only two adults and one child. The kids didn’t really eat that much food and went only for the dessert.