I use baking soda when I bake cookies and scones and other yummy things but most of the time the recipe requires only a teaspoon or half of it. I’m always left with a big batch of baking soda.
We, moms, don’t like things that go to waste, right?
So rather than letting that baking soda harden like a rock, let me give you some other use for it:
- You can use it as a toothpaste. Just mix hydrogen peroxide solution and baking soda to form a paste and then brush it on your teeth.
- You can also use it as a teeth whitener, just dip your toothbrush that has a toothpaste in it before brushing and it will whiten your teeth.
- Mix 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water to form a paste and you have a facial scrub that is gentle enough for everyday use.
- Put a cup of baking soda in the fridge to remove odors.
- Pat it in your underarms to prevent or neutralize body odors
- To polish silverware and flatware and your stainless steel sinks, mix 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water to form a paste then use a sponge or a piece of cloth to scrub those silverwares and sinks. Rinse it off and dry, it will leave you with shining silvers.
- Baking soda cleans the microwave and remove food odors. Just sprinkle it on a sponge, scrub and wipe with a clean damp towel.
- Use baking soda to clean your bathroom floor and your furniture.
That mixture of 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water is magical and could clean most of the things around the house. Next time you’re left with a box of baking soda, you know what to do.