Mommies are the busiest people on earth. You often hear mommies mutter that 24 hours a day is no enough to do everything that needs to be done from work, to household chores, to wife duties to mommy duties. Time is really essential. every minute counts because something as short as 15 minutes can become meaningful time well spent with our kids.
And it becomes extra challenging during the rainy season because outdoor activities is almost always out of the picture. Syempre, ayaw naman nating magkasakit ang mga kids natin. With the limited time combined with the uncooperative weather, this significantly reduces our choices in making memorable experiences with our precious ones.
Understanding the struggle moms go through to spend quality time with their kids, leading paracetamol brand Calpol shares activities that will brighten the gloomy mood. Sometimes all it takes is a little creativity to keep things fun and interesting in a short period of time.
- Be creative together. Allow your kids to express their ideas through art. Teach your kids resourcefulness by making use of old materials like piled-up newspapers or used gift wrappers. You might unlock the hidden artist in your child.
- Cook heartwarming recipes. Research easy-to-do recipes online and create wonders in the kitchen together. Nothing beats warm meals during a storm. This will also teach kids proper nutrition as well as useful life skills.
- Play games. Introduce your kids to classic pastimes away from their phone or tablet screens. Teach your kid how to play chess, or work on a picture puzzle together. Gather the family for a quick round of Snakes and Ladders, Scrabble, Monopoly, or other board games. Build a fort with pillows and blankets and expand their imaginations.
- Be one with music. Learn the latest dance moves or sing along to popular tunes. Have fun in making your own choreography or composing a family hymn. Or play a dance game or two on the console.
- Have storytelling time. Visit different worlds and meet new characters through the pages of a book. Take turns with your child mimicking voices and pretending to be heroes or villains off to save the world.
- Do chores as a family. Turn a chore into a fun activity by injecting it with a challenge. See who can put all the toys or laundry in the basket the fastest, or who can fold the most number of clothes on a time limit.
I actually joined the #15MinuteCalpolChallenge and 15 minutes of merienda and playtime with Twinkle and Ykaie after school. We “played” Scrabble…well, played with the letters lang ’cause Twinkle still doesn’ t know how to spell. They feasted on nachos, grilled cheese, and a berry smoothie too. This goes to show that every minute counts. 15 minutes means time well-spent with our kids and memorable moments created. (Kayo mommies, how do you make 15 minutes time well-spent with your kids?)
Of course, while you’re having fun with your child, don’t forget to keep them protected. This season also leaves children vulnerable to cough, colds, and fever. And when kids get sick, your special moments are cut short.
To help moms recover the lost time and missed chance to spend time with their kids, Paracetamol Calpol offers fast and efficient fever relief. Its suspension formula starts to work on fever in 15 minutes* (at 15m/kg dosing) and is gentle on your child’s tummy.
Paracetamol (Calpol) invites moms to post on Facebook or Instagram how they make 15 minutes an unforgettable bonding experience with their kids. Nominate and tag another friend to do the challenge and pass on the love, warmth, (and tips!) during this cold and dreary season.
For more information about how to care for your child, check out the Paracetamol (Calpol) FB page at facebook.com/CalpolPH or visit calpol.com.ph.