The best gifts are personal ones. They show that you took time and careful consideration in choosing something that fits the other person just right, that you know them well enough to think hard about what they would appreciate most. That being said, it can be hard to buy a gift for someone you don’t know very well. If you find yourself caught in the headlights without a clue what to buy someone, fear not. There are some gifts that are perfect for everyone, regardless of age, gender or personality.
There are so many varieties that you can choose from when it comes to gift baskets, not to mention many different services that you can utilize for the perfect one. Even if you aren’t sure what exactly someone’s preferences are, a themed basket is always a sure winner.
- Custom candy baskets are fun and always a crowd-pleaser. The best part is that you can pick and choose what goes inside of them, so a variety of different treats can be placed inside. There is something for everyone!
- Sports baskets. If you know nothing about this person beyond their favorite sports team, that’s enough to know! Sports fans take their teams VERY seriously, so load up a basket with things like drink koozies, lanyards, keychains and other memorabilia featuring their team. They will appreciate it more than you will ever know.
- Arts and crafts baskets. Adult coloring books are all the rage right now. Tap into this trend by packing a basket full of different books, good-quality colored pencils and sharpeners.
Thanks to the magic of the internet, it is easier than ever to have someone’s name or monogram printed onto various items. If your depth of knowledge for this person is only as far as their name, you’re still covered!
- Makeup and cosmetic bags with a name stitched onto them are a great gift. Whether the person wears makeup or not, a small bag can come in handy at the most unusual times.
- Initial keychains. They will never confuse their keys for someone else’s with their initial hanging off of them.
- Plush robes. A robe is a delightful gift already, but when you have their name embroidered on it you have added an extra layer of luxury to the mix.
It can be difficult to choose the perfect gift for a person you don’t know well, but creativity is the keyword. Think about the kinds of gifts that you would use and appreciate and take it from there!